Discussions

Ed and family have commented to me personally that I probably had something amiss in the settings for this web site.  And they were right!

I (finally) found the place where I could enable members (you) to add different types of content.  At least I think I have.  Go ahead and try it.  Start a topic, add a photo, upload a video.  Sky's the limit!!  Well, at least we hope we can at least find the sky now.

Let me know if you have problems at [email protected]

Comments
  1. This seems to be one of the only places I'm able to comment - so...

GOOD LUCK TO TERRY AND BILL TODAY!!!

2. I can comment for the first time in a long time but can’t start a discussion or post anything.  That option just isn’t there.

3. Nope, nothing has changed for me. Could be a difference in a new user vs an imported "old" user? 

• Ed, I'll reply directly to you for a reason you shall see, BUT

I re-checked.  From my end it says everyone can start a discussion.

But then, there are "roles" that can be assigned, and everybody is assigned to the "default" role, which, of course, should be as above.

Looking at Mike Royle's profile and Ed's profile, my admin option allows me to assign roles (no jokes here).  It already shows everybody with the default role, but the for some reason Mike Royle's profile had an extra notation "default role"  WTF?  So I found an "assign role" tab for Ed, and assigned him "default role."  Now Ed, too has the notation Mike had.

So, Ed, try to start a new discussion.  If that works I guess I'll go manually assign everyone to the default role again even though you all had the default role.

I dunno.

• Bill, whatever you did for me worked. There is now an add topic button next to the subscribe button 

• And for anyone else, this is a hail mary shot: I note that Spruz uses cookies.  You might go into your browser settings, find the privacy and security section, then a 'manage data' or 'manage cookies' or something like that and delete any cookies associated with Spruz.  I doubt that's the problem, but who knows.  I just had fiber installed at the house, and after the network had been taken down then re-upped with a new router (which completely duplicated the old one, like a twin) all my cookies from time immemorial showed up as 5 hours old...the time of reboot.

• Same here - still can't start new topics.

4. Eureka!  I can talk back me.

This website is powered by Spruz