Discussions

Most of us who shoot the AR15 reload our own ammo, but on the off chance that this could help someone, check out the announcement on National Match  (you have to register for the site but it's free).  The gist of it is that some very good and very reasonably-priced ammo is for sale right now from a guy in Texas (Lee Eldridge) who is a top shooter (Thomas Billings and I shot on the same point with him in the Hearst Doubles last year).  You'll have to run down the actual availablity of the ammo directly from the links above.  His web site doesn't list all the ammo he mentioned on National Match.

He's got all-new ammo, Lake City Brass, 77 SMK, 23.2 grains IMR 8208 XBR for $0.56 a round, and a similar cartridge using the Hornady 75 grain bullet for $0.50 a round.  It's very hard to beat those prices even reloading yourself.

My gues is that he'll sell out fast.  My advice is to pick up a couple thousand rounds right now.  This won't last long, it's too good a deal.

(In response to a query on National Match, he mentioned using the ammo himself to shoot a 492 in a leg match.)

Comments
  1. No comments yet. Be the first to post a comment.

This website is powered by Spruz