Discussions

In the interests of keeping the discussion contained, let's use one thread to capture all intentions and questions about OOS participation in the Nationals, whether it be NRA at Camp Atterbury IN or CMP at Camp Perry OH.

Here's the CMP's calendar (you might want to download it first)

Here's the NRA's calendar (ditto)

So, I'll start:  I intend to go to Camp Atterbury, Indiana for the NRA National Highpower Championship, leaving Saturday July 8, shoot the team matches on Sunday (50 shot match with sighters), then the 4 days of XTC.  If I can get someone to go with me who wants to stay for Mid Range, I will stay and shoot that.

Else, if there's extra room with the crew in Port Clinton OH, I will think seriously about driving there  on July 14  for a few days of CMP shooting.  But that's kind of iffy.

Sing out.  Who's going where?  Or, do you have questions?  Post it.  Now!

----------------Added for the newcomer/first timer

Please know that EVERYONE, rookie or experienced, M1 or AR15 is invited to accompany me or the Camp Perry crew.  The National Matches (CMP) and National Championship (NRA) are a big party.  As long as you mind your manners and can pull targets and score correctly, you're invited.  Nobody but you cares how you  shoot.  You can shoot the M1 rifle (legally) in any of these matches.   Everybody's got to have a first time.  Maybe this is yours.

FYI, if you've never shot the full course, you have numerous opportunities to experience it between then and now.  It only takes a match or two to make you a veteran.  As they say, it's not rocket surgery:

Mill Creek, KS--Feb 26 (yeah, right);  March 25-26; April 30; June 24-25

Bucksnort (Marshall MO)-April 9 (second day of "work day" we usually shoot); May 6-7; June 3-4

St. Louis-July 1-2.

And if you've never shot in an NRA match (only OOS?) come to Joplin the 3rd Sunday morning of every month (starting March) to experience one.  See the printable calendar for dates.

Comments
  1. No comments yet. Be the first to post a comment.

This website is powered by Spruz