Discussions

Just trying to look ahead.  My crystal ball shows real dark times ahead for those of us who wish to convene a meeting in a restaurant.  Admittedly January is still some time away, but we must have a plan.  My plan so far consists only of negatives, which is to say "no, we won't meet in a restaurant." 

So, what WILL we do?  I dunno.  We could start by defining the parameters that bound our situation:  we want to get together for a LITTLE camaraderie, a small report on the status of the club, and elections of officers.  Eating together is nice, but not necessary.  Want to do it over Zoom?  I don't. 

The SBRC board got together in the side room of a pizza place, Bellacinos, across from Battlfield Mall.  Their cover charge was $150, which was half what we've had at Big Whiskey's.  So if everybody left his mask on and no one ate, it wouldn't cost that much. Bizzaro idea. I dunno.  It might be a little steep for the six of us who would show up.  We could insist on social distancing and mask wearing.  No eating.  Hmmph!

We could do it outside around my fire pit.  In fact, if somebody else wanted to bring a fire pit, we could set up multiples. 

We could put it off until spring, which is what SBRC is going to do.  And then hold it outside at the range.

Anybody else got an idea?

Comments
  1. No comments yet. Be the first to post a comment.

This website is powered by Spruz